Are you looking for a recognised way to ensure that your business improves its environmental performance?
Do you need to have better systems that manage efficiency and waste reduction while giving you an advantage over your competitors?
ISO 14001 is an internationally recognised and agreed standard that helps businesses to manage, audit and improve their environmental systems. At Business Management Systems, we can help you to achieve this standard.
What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is part of ISO 14000, a grouping of standards that offers business and organisations a way to manage their environmental responsibilities. ISO 14001 has a strong focus on the systems involved and, with our guidance, you can allow your company to function at a new, more strategic level.
ISO 14001 was updated in 2015, with the newest features aiming to make the management of environmental issues more comprehensive and relevant to the supply chain. For instance, it looks at the impact on the environment of issues surrounding the life cycle of the business, and makes the commitment of those in senior management positions more solid within the systems created. Finally, ISO 14001:2015 made it easier and more reliable to evaluate compliance with regard to environmental sustainability.
What are the benefits of working with Business Management Systems on ISO 14001?
With ISO 14001, businesses and organisations can improve their environmental performance. This offers a range of benefits, including:
• The ability to demonstrate that you are complying with existing and future regulations and statutory requirements
• The opportunity to improve your reputation amongst clients and prospects
• The ability to achieve high environmental performance, attaining environmental goals and incorporating them into business management systems
• The chance to involve employees and leaders within your organisation in the process, improving engagement and their investment in the organisation’s success
• The chance to impress stakeholders and partners
• The opportunity to gain a competitive advantage, especially when bidding for new work or promoting your business, because of the improvements in your efficiency and associated cost reductions.
How does ISO 14001 work?
ISO 14001 is not made up of specific environmental requirements that must be met. Instead, it lays out an agenda that organisations and businesses can follow in order that they can design, implement, audit and manage an Environmental Management System (EMS) on an ongoing basis.
At Business Management Systems, we can work with any business, large or small, to implement ISO 14001, audit progress and make positive changes on a continuing basis. Resources can be saved, waste reduced and costs minimised with the successful execution of this standard, and performance can be improved over time, offering growing benefits in the long term.
Throughout our work together, we will set up a ‘Plan Do Check Act’ cycle, where we establish what objectives you have for your business, we work out the processes you will need and then implement them, we measure and monitor that progress over time, reporting results, and we ensure you know how to take action to improve your performance based on the results you obtained.
We are keen to work with you to establish your environmental goals and work out exactly what you need to do to achieve them. Any organisation or business can benefit from this standard so, to find out more about how we can help you, please get in touch.